Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Return from Break

Hello everyone!
It's been a while, hasn't it?
Well, during spring break, I traveled to New York City for the first time ever. In my mind, I wanted to photograph regular people on daily events; however, due to the hasty city movements, I was not able to capture moments, nor could I fully dedicate time towards photographing because of my packed schedule, as well as the intense cold that nearly froze off my fingers. In the end, I was unfortunately unable to capture natural, realistic moments, but I was able to take a couple of pictures of my sister, just for experimenting.



Those pictures, as seen, were all posed and not photographed in a way that brings a naturalist outlook; however, ultimately, I found it much easier to have the freedom and ability to direct my sister into taking the stance I deemed best for the picture or looking at the camera in a certain way. That cold night on the Brooklyn Bridge, where my fingers grew numb with the menacing cold, were worth the trouble and effort since I was able to capture those two images. Moreover, they made me realize that I would rather photograph with posers, since it is easier to get an essence of the spirit or meaning I have in mind for the image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment