Thursday, March 10, 2016

Introducing Me

You might be wondering, what of a magazine is there to chronicle?

...Well, I'm here to show you. I'm Naz and I'll be working on a magazine for a class project, of which the genre is undecided for now. I am mostly thinking about working on a literary magazine; a magazine that is strictly for displaying works of writing and literature.

Why this choice specifically? If I work on a literary magazine, then I will be able to incorporate my skills as a writer to a platform that goes beyond the white sheet of paper. This is a great opportunity to test my skills and learning; I am willing to put all my effort into creating a polished product that displays the best of my abilities.

What is the vibe I'm going for? I want this to be very artistic. The magazine will serve as an archive of my complete original works, including the pictures and the writing. Therefore, in order to succeed, I have to make sure that the artistic elements are the main constituents.

How will I accomplish this "artsy" feel? To be quite honest, I am not experienced in creating large products like this one. That's why I'll have to experiment with magazine softwares and to learn through the process. I have some limited experience with Photoshop, yet I'm going to have to teach myself as I go.

What is this blog exactly for, then? This will chronicle my journey in creating this magazine, and my posts will show gradual progress as I work my way through the process. It will be a long ride, but I'm excited to experience the road bumps and chilling breezes along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just want to share with you how awesome I think the project you are making is! Planning for the creation of a magazine must be a very interesting and certainly challenging thing to do! From my viewpoint, I think it's great you've chosen to specify since the very beginning what is going to be the focus of your magazine. That help us know a little bit more about what to expect... poetry... literature... and more of the written art! So thanks!
    Quick question here: are you planning to post how are you learning to use Photoshop and the like? Because it would be interesting to know that part of your process as well. Looking forward to see the progression of this magazine! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete