Saturday, March 12, 2016

Adobe Indesign

Before continuing on with the idea of my research, I realized that first of all I should set the basis for my magazine layout publishing software. I have decided to use the software Adobe Indesign since this is most feasible for me: it is available on the school computers in my AICE Media Studies class as well as having a 30 day free trial if needed outside classroom use.

I understand that this is a restrictive time limit; however, I am going to try to get as much as I can finished in class before I resort to the 30 day free trial. Besides, before I even get started on my project, I need plenty of research to solidify my ideas, and that will take some time. Thus, once I have completed my research and set a basis for my ideas, 30 days should be more than enough time for me.

Here, I found websites with tutorials for Adobe Indesign. Since I have never used this software, I need as much help with the process as I can get.

This website provides a complete learning guide for the beginner; it is a full course and embeds short videos to teach the basics of using InDesign. The course is completely free; it only requires you to sign up in order to be able to watch the videos.

Moreover, I have found an article with 44 tutorials on Adobe Indesign. I have started to look at them as well as experimenting with the software, which my next blog post will be about.

References:

 Adobe InDesign for BeginnersMaster the art of creative page layout with Adobe InDesign CS5.5. Taught by a leading Certified Trainer. (n.d.). Retrieved March 12, 2016, from https://www.adobeknowhow.com/courselanding/adobe-indesign-cs-5-5#

44 brilliant InDesign tutorials. (2014, May 2). Retrieved March 12, 2016, from http://www.creativebloq.com/graphic-design-tips/indesign-tutorials-1232639 


No comments:

Post a Comment