Monday, April 4, 2016

I've Picked My Title!

I'm debating title names.

Yes. It's this time of the project. No, it's not a pretty process.

First, I was settling for something like "Equinox". Then it turned into a long list:


  • Polished
  • Cedar Lilly
  • Modern Inquiry
  • Eons
  • Renegades
  • Demoiselle
  • Crimson Waves 
..Then, I finally got it: Gemstones! I love this title because it accurately reflects both the artistic content of my magazine and the main subjects that I have included in the photographs: young, adolescent females. I am trying to give off the "young"/"new generation" feeling with the new artistic movement: depicting that millennials, despite being portrayed negatively as brain-washed or non-opinionated, are living out the artistic culture and trying to preserve it, no matter how underestimated or misunderstood art is nowadays.


I have also begun to fashion my masthead: I have already erased the background of the font so that it would be easier and much more efficient to place on my cover photo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment